Sunday, September 16, 2012

Last Package


Last week Brady did receive a very expensive Fed Ex package with his drivers license and a tie. Brady had his wallet stolen last year and I forgot to order him a duplicate drivers license. When he was called to be an AP he needed his license so he could drive the Mission vehicle. I paid for an expedited drivers license and on September 5th went to Fed Ex and paid to have it sent overnight to Brady. Since it was Brady's Birthday the next day, I also put a tie, a pair of contact lenses, and only had a enough weight left for one gatorade drink mix packet. I was so excited for him to get the package on his Birthday, and in less than a week from when he notified me of needing his license. But the expensive overnight delivery didn't work because the package was stuck in customs in Mexico due to the fact that I had the contact lenses and the gatorade packet in the package. So I had to email a letter to Fed Ex International in Mexico and give them permission to open up the package and to remove and abandon the contact lenses and gatorade packet. This took several days and then finally Brady was able to have his package delivered to him on September 14th. It was still quicker than using the regular US mail service but it was very expensive and apparently you can't send packages to Mexico with those items because health paperwork is required.

I'm glad to say that not one US mail package that we have sent to Brady has had an issue being delivered to him with all the goodies and such, and I'm hoping this last package has the same good results. It may take three weeks to arrive to him but it's always been in good condition and nothing has had to be removed.  

This is Elder Lester's last package:
Popcorn - I haven't sent him popcorn for the microwave before even though it's his favorite because he hasn't had a microwave, but I was hoping since he's an AP now maybe there is a microwave in the Mission Offices or Mission Home close by. Oatmeal, Coconut Chocolate Chip Clif Bars, Gummy Worms at the request of the Office Elders, Protein Bar, Pistachios, Peanut Butter M&M's.
Brady's favorite Lindt Chocolate Bars, a Razor, Beef Jerky, Protein Bar, Gatorade Chews and Gatorade Drink Packets, Jelly Beans, Contact Lenses and Case, two Toothbrushes and Paste, A Backpack Rain Cover which he has needed his whole mission - haha! Jolly Ranchers and his favorite Hot Fries that goes in every package.

Kolby's Note
 Braxley's Note
 Kasey's Note
 And here's to hoping the Virgin Mary protects this last fun package for Elder Lester.

No comments: