Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexico Week 22: Closing of Haucaltzingo, The Role of the Spirit, Farming and Love

Hola everyone!!


Well things are doing great in my area! My comp has changed a ton and we are finally starting to work hard! We still need to work harder but things are going great! He will have changes though for sure in 2 weeks and he will go and I will stay with my new comp. I am really excited because there is alot of work to do! Everyone is saying that I will be senior comp and I only have 8 months hahaha but I really think I will have more time as junior. We shall see!!


So some sad news....they closed the area of Hualcaltzingo this past week. Apparently when I left the work just fell like a rock and then the missionaries were having a ton of problems so they closed the area! Kinda sad because I really thought that that branch was going to be a ward within a year but not now :(


Well in this past week alot of good things happened. We found a golden investigator!! She was a reference from a member in Hualcaltzingo imagine that!! It's cool because she comes to all the lessons with this lady. Hermana Imelda is her name and she is really really catholic but accepted Baptism when she gets an answer to her prayers. The first lesson we taught was great and was about the Restoration. In the second lesson we answered all her questions about the chapter that she read in the BOM and Baptism and things that we do in our Church. While we were talking about it I had the strongest impression to teach about how we can know that this is true. I taught about the role of the Spirit and how that is how we know. I testified that I knew everything was true and so did my comp. It was awesome!! She really is smart and is willing to change! She wants a sign but I told her that us missionaries are the sign that God wants you to change your life. The answer of your own testimony though must come from the Spirit. This Wednesday we have an appt and will check how her homework went :)


This past week I also learned how to farm hahaha! I totally learned how to plant corn and it was sweet! We did it the old fashion way with the plow and the horse! It was sweet! While I farmed with the hermano, my comp learned how to make tortillas from the hermana, hahaha :) Apparently they don't eat tortillas in Peru, only rice hahaha!!


This past week we also found an inactive member who has not been to church for 20 years!! And his wife, who is not a member, we are teaching!! The brother promised to come to Church this upcoming week so this will be excting to follow with!!


So things are really great!! We are really close with 3 people and believe that they will get baptized in 2-3 weeks! :) We are really close to other Elders which I love hahahaha :) It has been raining the past week and one night all the streets were like rivers, hahaha but this week we will have sun :(


Well this past week I have really learned alot about the importance of love and charity. I believe that success is really brought to us depending on our attitude. I have learned that there is no reason to be down and not to love people in the work of the Lord. We are striving to be more like Him and if we don't love we are nobody! We can't do anything! With developing this love for others I have really felt more of the love my Father in Heaven has for me and my family and the people that I work with. Life is to love!!

Well I love all of you and really miss you all! I thank all of you for your support and prayers! You are all in my prayers too and hope you are all receiving the blessings from heaven!!


Love,
Elder Brady Lester


 

No comments: