Monday, March 14, 2011

Mexico Week 7: Finding more Investigators

Hey there everyone! 

Well this week has been a hard but yet good week. My new companion is very obedient and we are getting alot done. This week we found 9 new investigators!! It's been hard though because he knows no English and told me that he doesn't want to learn. He also is very power controlling and does not trust me at all with anything. This whole week we have worked with a member because he feels since I have only been out for a little while I don't know the area. He also is very controlling in the lessons and I can't hardly teach. He has also accused me of many things, for example thinking of family, and when I do that I can't have the spirit and we can't work. That day he got mad at me and he said because of me we can't teach with the Spirit so we went back to our house. It has been very frustrating and I feel like I am being abused most of the time. I hope things get better. 

Anyways this week we have been focusing alot on finding more people to teach. Tuesday we went to find that family, the husbands name is Silverio, and they were not home. We looked for more people to teach but were unlucky and ended up not teaching a lesson to anyone. It was a dead kinda day. Wednesday we had our District Mtg in Puebla and set a goal as a companionship for Baptisms this change. Four is our goal and we hope we can get it. Elder Bencomo is our DL and he is awesome!!! After we went to eat at an inactive members house and then after we ate at another members house, Brother Castro's family, but I got confused which one so we ended up eating at both, hahaha. The rest of the day we went trying to find more people to teach and we ended up getting three new investigators and taught them the first lesson. The next day we had our weekly planning session and planned out how and what we are going to do to help our investigators. After we went and visited Lorena and she declined the date of March 19th for her Baptism. She is scared her family will not like it. We have Faith that here soon she will accept a date. After her we went looking for a reference in some town I have never been to...and we searched for two hours and could not find them!! So that was our day, hahahaha. Friday we went and invited Alan to be Baptized on the 18th of this week, but he keeps saying May 30th which his birthday when he completes 12 years. We ended up finding out that his dad might be interested in the lessons so he can Baptize his son, so this week we are going to take action on that. After we taught Bertha Missionary work and invited her to teach with us with Lorena. We hope she will have a good influence on her because she just recently got Baptized. The rest of the day we spent in our house because of me apparently. The next day we visited Lorena and taught her the Doctrine of Christ and again invited her for this week but she said no. Her husband Pedro was even there and testified to her the importance of this ordinance. We invited her to pray for a date and talk with her husband about it. The rest of the day we taught other lessons with our new investigators.


We have two very religious investigators who we taught for two hours, or my comp taught for two hours, and he was bashing with them. The Spirit was not there and I kept telling him lets go but he didn't listen. Then the investigators got mad because of how we dress and said that it is not humble and we are not representitives of Jesus Christ. Again my comp got mad and I just sat there with a smile on my face and didn't say a word. At the end we asked if we could help them with anything and they thought we wanted money for it. They are really weird but Elder Lumbreras wants to go back this week.


Sunday we went to Puebla for Stake Conference that was broadcasted from Salt Lake!! The Prophet and Elder Nelson spoke!!! It was in Spanish so I could barely understand it but it was uplifting! That afternoon was a fail trying to find people. We were searching for one investigator on this one street and couldn't find her. I asked my comp if we could pray for direction and we did and immediately after the prayer we both pointed to a house and knew it was that one. And it was!!!! She was just busy and asked to come back another day, but still it was a cool experience!! 

Well I hope things work out better this week. I found out today that we can't go into Puebla anymore for our meetings since it is too expensive so that stinks way bad. Friday though I have to go because I need to do something with my Visa, so I get to see Elder Walker and everyone in my generation!! Can't wait for that!! Tell the Elders I say hello and everyone else! I will email Jacob next week!! 

So I have been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and am in 2 Nephi 27 right now. I really love teaching and learning from the BOM. That with the Spirit is the only way someone will be converted. The Bible wont convert anyone. The BOM has the Fulness of the Gospel and Testifies of Christ. I know that it is true with all my heart! If you want to be inspired READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!! 

Well thanks for all the letters and the packages!  I hope they come soon!! :)  My feet are better thanks. Say hi to Sean for me!! Cant wait to hear from you all again!! 

Love,
Elder Brady Lester :) 
post signature

No comments: