Well we just had changes this morning and......I am still in Huacaltzingo!!! Elder Villalba did get a change. I was sad about that and kinda cried. Haha, I didn't know that it would be so hard to leave him. Anyways my new companion is Elder Lumbreras who is from Mexico hahaha :) So far I like him! Even though it's only been 7 hours, hahahaha but things are looking up here in my area! As for the language it is way better. I am understanding about 70-80 percent of what the people say. It is difficult to talk still but I am getting better. I am just afraid of making a mistake when it's casual talk which is weird because when we teach I will talk and talk, hahaha but that is probably because the Spirit is helping me and plus most of my vocab is Gospel right now, haha. I have definately seen improvement and can't wait to completely get it, haha. So I feel like the reason I stayed here was because President Rex called me and asked if I wanted to and I said yes, haha cool huh?
Anyways thanks for the sports updates! GO BYU!!! Kolby I am sorry you didn't make the team but keep your head up I know exactly how you feel. Brink, Morp sounded fun!! Tell Trey and Sean Hi for me :) Braxley, I love your cute letters, hahaha :) How is your defense going? Kasey, I am glad you are looking for a job! Start saving that money! Good luck in the search. We shall have a race...can I get a Baptism before you get a job? :) Grandma you should totally go to Cancun! There is an Elder Bravo here from Cancun.
Well for this week not much happened again. The work is hard and I think the Lord is trying to teach us something. Not sure what yet. I hope for more success this coming week. This week Elder Villalba and I have been looking for ways to serve. I think this week we are going to help the Branch President build a house, haha which is his job :) Oh and yes Mom, you have your info right so far about my area and the Branch President. Anyways we are looking for service and we want to start with the leaders of the branch so they can set the example for the members. We have some plans we have been working on to try and strengthen the leaders and have them set the example. We hope that this week we can get a ward mission plan rolling so we can get more references from the members.
Well this week Lorena finally accepted Baptism!!!!! She finally prayed and got an answer. She wants her husband Pedro to do it but we don't know if he can right now. This month she will get Baptized by us or him :) I am so happy and excited for her!! We also got 2 investigators new and invited them to church and they showed up hahaha, which was a miracle!! We have an appointment with them this week.
I don't have any more time so this is a short one. I will upload pics next week for sure. I forgot my camera at the house :( Everything is great and I am feeling good!! I love you and miss you all! Thank you for your prayers and kind words everyone! :) Can't wait to hear from you all!
Love,
P.S. Mom, my feet are fine but could you send me some insoles for my shoes. I think they will keep them nicer and my feet too. Also some more shoe polish. Thanks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment