Monday, March 21, 2011
Mexico Week 8: Patience, Serving a Companion, and an Answer to Prayer!
Hey there everyone!!

Well this week has been another tough week. Things have been getting better with my comp. He just is really power hungry, and doesn't accept the fact that he is not perfect, and thinks that he knows everything. But I have been practicing patience big time this week and it has really helped me out. I have also been serving him a ton like shoe polishing, ironing, making breakfast, making his bed. I feel good about it and hope it makes things even better :) Thursday in the morning he sliced his fingered on our broken sink and it was a bad bad cut so we had to go to the hospital in Puebla, so we traveled for two hours and he had to get stiches. Things with his finger are better. We stayed the night with our zone leaders because Friday morning I had to go to the offices to do something for my Visa. I saw almost all my generation, Elders who came the same day I did. I didn't see Elder Walker though which was a bummer. I miss that guy so much!! He is definately a best friend!
This week has been tough with our investigators. We found 6 new ones but we only have 2 progressing, Lorena and Daniel whom both declined again a date for a baptism. We hope our prayers are answered this week becasue they are so ready and need this step in their lives right now. This morning I felt down because last night we invited Daniel to be Baptized this Saturday and declined. I started thinking that I am not worthy or something because I felt like I don't have the spirit if these people are not accepting us. I felt like no one here was prepared to hear me and it is only an area of trials to help me later. This morning I really wanted to give up but I went in my room and prayed and pleaded for an answer and didnt really feel any better. Well, I went to my scripture personal study and just a couple days ago I decided I wanted to add D&C to my studies - how they came in order by revelation. Well today I read section 6 and it was the answer to my prayer and gave me exactly what I needed to hear and learn. I am so ready for this up coming week and know success is there.
This past week we have really organized what and who we have because we have a ton of investigators. 17 to be exact, hahaha but only two progressing. :( To answer your question Mom, every other week we get to go to Puebla even if we have money to go every week. This week on Wedesday I will go for our district meeting and I think we have interviews with President, but this past week we went for my comps finger and my Visa thing, and next Monday we are going again to the doctor for my comps finger for a check up, so we are just going to stay there and play soccer with our zone. As for pictures I am uploading some right now. They just take forever here. I can only get about 20 in the one hour I have here, so next Monday I will see if we can email in Puebla because the connection is faster and hopefully I can get them all on. I have like 130 to add from last transfer still, hahaha.
Our branch has a branch building...like the size of our basketball court at the church, hahahaha its tiny. I believe with all my heart that if missionaries stay here and the members help them, there will be a ward by the end of this year. I promise it, so we will see :) We have been trying to find service and did!! This week we are going to paint a members house, hahaha cant wait :)
Well not much else to say, hahaha but if you have any more questions let me know! I missed letters from the kids today :( I did get your package and Corrinn's thank you soooooo much!! I love the socks and American candy. So does my comp, hahaha. I hope the other package comes this week!
I love and miss you all so so much!! Please pray for me, I need it! You are all in my prayers! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Love,
Elder Brady Lester
P.S. Are the members and missionaries in Japan ok??
Labels:
Answers to Prayers,
Companions,
DandC,
Huacaltzingo,
Packages,
Patience,
Prayers,
Service
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment