Thursday, October 11, 2012
Mexico Week 89: Conferences, Learning and Spiritual Feeding
Hey Family,
Well again I don't have much time to sit
down and write a legit letter. I have been in and out of the offices all
day everyday. Last night we didn't get home until 11:00pm. We are
working hard getting ready for the changes that we have on Tuesday. We
have sent two more Elders home too so it's been very crazy here. We have
been working hard and we feel like we are behind but I believe that we
are more ready for these changes than the last time. We have a lot of new
things going down. We are splitting a Zone into two Zones. Now every Stake in the Mission will have their own Zone and Zone Leaders which
makes things a lot easier. We have been working hard to think about how
to do the changes for the next change because my generation is going
home a week early. Things just have been really crazy.
Last week though we really had a great week. A lot of Conferences but a lot of Learning and Spiritual feeding. My topics went
great. In the Leadership Training meeting I talked about judging
righteously in our callings and correcting disobedience. It went very
well. I share the example of Lehi in 1 Nephi 8:37-38 and how we need to
judge righteously like Lehi did to his sons. I shared another example in
D&C 101:2-5 as well. In the regular Zone Conference I talked about the
Atonement and Gossip. It went very well and I have learned a lot about
the Atonement while studying my topic. It has been great. I have really
looked into the Scriptures and notice that the Atonement is on every
page of the BoM. One example would be 1 Nephi 3:31 when Nephi and Sam are beaten
by his brothers and then the angel comes. It's very interesting to see how
it is talking about the Atonement.
The Conferences have been great and we have been able
to teach the Elders a lot of things. We really hit the importance of
being Obedient and Repenting because we need to get onto other things in
the Mission and not always talk about the Obedience issue that we have.
The President has said that if we are not willing to live in a Mission
of Obedience, we can go home.
Well we have started to talk about other
things. On Friday we had our ZL conference and we talked about a lot of
things. We talked about Numbers of Excellence that my companion and I
have been wanting to have. They are great numbers and really high norms
for us. It really is going to change the Mission. Yesterday we saw how
excited the Mission is as we went to a couple Zone Training meetings.
The new culture is being placed and everyone is excited!
Well I don't have much time. Hope everyone is doing just great! Love you all and hope that you all have a great week!
Con Amor,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment