Feliz Cinco de May Familia!
Thank
you for all your great and amazing letters. I love you all so very much and I
am glad to see that everything is going great back at home and that you are all
busy and working. Working is what really makes us happy and I am happy to be
able to work for the Lord in Puebla. It’s hard but it’s worth it. Thank you
Brink for sharing that quote and it’s so very true. The food that you guys made
dad sounded delicious. Sadly, because I am not in the city, I did not see nor
celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I heard that it was great but in my 2 years here I
have not been able to see it for being in pueblos hahahaha. Don’t worry Mom, I
will go to Puebla when my package comes because I have to go get a bunch of
materials for the branch that I bought. We go in bus :)
Well
I have my new companion...just don’t freak out. It’s Elder Rojas and he is from
Peru...but he is not the same Elder Rojas hahahaha. He is a little taller, way
cooler, and a very hard worker. I really love him alot. The Presidente sent him
here with me for 2 reasons. First, he will help me be ready to accept more
responsibility very soon. I don’t know what that means because I don’t know
what would be more than Branch President. Second, I am training him so that he
can be ready to be the next Branch President. That is a great privilege for me
and him. Hahahaha, they never trained me...just threw me in hahaha. But I am
learning alot more about how I am supposed to do my job as I teach him. I
believe that I only have a little time left and that I have almost done what
the Lord wanted me to do. I am so happy with what is going on in the branch. I
have seen so much progress. The members have said that they haven’t seen the
branch like this for the 13 years that it has. Yesterday 34 people went!!! I
was so happy because usually there are only like 19 but 34!! We also have 3
Baptisms for this Sunday and a little girl will be Baptized this week. She has
8 years :)
I
am loving the work and it’s just fun to do what is right and live the Gospel.
It’s fun to be obediente and keep the rules. It’s fun to study and learn. It’s
fun to help people and teach the Gospel. I can really see what President Reeves
wants each Missionary to experience as Missionaries. It’s also fun to clean the
house, hahahaha. My comp and I got a start on that today and we will finish at
night.
Yesterday
I received some very sad news. A sister in my branch was beaten by her husband
so hard that she is in a coma. When I heard that it was after hearing a few
members confess to me about some things that they did that were very wrong. I
went upstairs to my office and cried. I started feeling like Alma and Nephi,
seeing so much wickedness. I knew that her husband had been hitting her for
about 3 weeks now because we have been visiting her alot. We have been trying
to help her with that but apparently it’s been a problem for 5 years. She has
three sweet girls and two of them are our investigators. The dad is not a
member...he is now in jail. Last night we went to the hospital to visit her and
give her a blessing but the doctor would not let us see her for her condition.
Today we will go again and we will visit her each day as well. I pray that
everything will be better. When she wakes up, I will also have to help her, as
her President, do the right thing and send in an abuse report so that this
freaking guy stays in jail.
We
have planned a trip to go to the Temple as a branch!!!!!! It will be the 26 of
May and I really hope that we can get permission to go as Missionaries because
it’s in Mexico City, but I think that we will because we are the leaders. But
still I am happy that the members will have this blessing to go because they
don’t get to go alot.
Well
I gotta go!! On Sunday we can talk but it will be very short for the things
that I have to do. The number that you can call is 797 100 7476. That is the
normal number but I know that you will have to add numbers because it’s long
distance. Mom and the kids...if you could call me at 5:00 my time, and Dad I will
need you to call me at 6:00 my time. We will have about 40-60 minutes to talk. I
am sorry that it will be short but I have meetings and tithing to deposit and
interviews. If you want to call tomorrow night to see if it works that will be
fine :)
I
love you so very much!!!
Love,
Elder Lester
No comments:
Post a Comment