Monday, August 29, 2011

Mexico Week 31: Finally...a Great Working Companion!

Hey Arizona and family!!


Well first I gotta say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kolby!! I can't believe you are turning 13 tomorrow!! And you are going to be 14 when I get back and in High School!! I hope you have a great bday!! Kids thank you for your letters! I really enjoyed them. I really miss you all and always pray that you are all right. I hope that the Lord is blessing each of you. Just to answer your questions....I did try new food yesterday...rabbit hahaha and it was delicious!! It tastes like chicken and appartenly it's healthier...but don't tell Daisy or Honey that lol ;)

Well I don't have much time to write today because we have alot of work, but things are rolling in my area!! Hna Sandra was not able to be Baptized last week because she is not married and lives with her "husband." That's a big problem here with the people and they need to be married or separated to be Baptized. We actually have some investigators who want to get Baptized but married no...who knows why. But the good news is that she wants to and her husband too!!! So they need to get some papers ready and I think in the next week we will marry them and then Baptize Hna Sandra finally!! After 3 long months with her!! This week we are also looking to have 3 Baptisms!! The two little boys from Hna Alejandra and a sweet sister, Hna Coni who just loves listening to us and always feeds us when we go teach her hahaha! She really felt the Spirit at Church yesterday and is really excited to be Baptized. She really wants to help her family out too so we will see if when can start teaching them. Also yesterday a brother in the ward was telling me that some 8 year old girl from the ward is going to have her Baptism and Saturday and all that jazz, and I was thinking that it was just another "please come elders to support my child" thing which we always do hahaha, but later he told me that the dad of this girl is not a member so her mom wants me to Baptize her hahaha!! How cool is that! God really gave me a blessing there :)

Things are going great with my comp. I feel really pressured because I have a ton of responsibility, but I know that through prayer the Lord is helping me out. But really I have not felt so tired and stressed in my life before. It's really hard being a trainer. He is so great though! He loves to teach, contact, and just talk to the people. He has such a love for the people here and his Spirit is amazing. I really feel that we are going to have success here. He hates studying hahaha and practicing teaching, but he his trying hard to get to love it haha. By the way Mom, he doesn't know President Jones. He did go to the MTC in Mexico...all Missionaries do but he only went 3 weeks because he doesn't have to learn another language. That reminds me...do you have Mark Scanlans email address? Anyways he is great and I am really excited to be with him! We have 2 changes together for sure since I am his dad hahaha.

Well I gotta go now! I love being here. The weather has been great. It rained all last week and it's raining right now. Hahaha we got soaked walking to an appointment the other night but the sister cried because she thought we were so amazing walking in the pouring rain without jackets just to visit and share a message with her and her husband hahaha. But things are great!! I love and miss you all!!


Love,
Elder Brady Lester
post signature

No comments: