Monday, August 22, 2011

Mexico Week 30: A Joke and a Trainer/Senior Companion!

Hey there everyone!!


Well I have a lot to tell you all from the past week but I am going to start with some news that came from our district leader this past district meeting on Wednesday. So we had our normal district meeting but after he had an anouncement for us from the First Presidency. China just opened up!! It opened and all new Missionaries and future Missionaries are being called to go there! So for us the the First Presidency has given us the invitation to extend our Missions. We have four choices...go home after 2 years, extend 6 months, extend 1 year, or extend 2 years. Well we had to give our decisiones that same day. I was overwhelmed and really wanted some time to think and pray. I had the chance to do that and the Spirit just came over me that I should serve longer. Well I decided to serve two years more mom and dad which would make me have 4 years in the Mission. Well this ended up just being a joke from our district leader to get us to understand the importance of our calling, but I want to let you guys know...I have my answer hahaha and if I have the oportunity to extend my Mission...I will be staying for as long as the Lord will let me. But we will just see here in a year :)

Well now I will get on with the other stuff. I had transfers today!!! I am with an Elder from Sonora.  Elder Escamilla is my companion and he seems just great :) The news is that today is his first day in the Mission, so I got the calling last night to be a Trainer in the Mission hahaha! I am a dad!! This morning I had to go to the Mission offices and be trained with other Elders who were going to be trainers too. It was a 5 hour training!! I learned alot, but the cool thing was that when I first saw the new missionaries I looked at him and just new that he was going to be my companion. It was cool :)  It has been a good 2 hours with him so far. He really seems excited about the work and just obedient. He is going to whip me into shape I think hahaha!! I am only here to help him out because he his prepared!! It's going to be a great 2 changes with him :) I just know that we will have success!!

Well this past week Elder Rojas did not want to go work again so pretty much we had divisions all week with Elder Lamb and Elder Riggin. I went with Lamb one day and Riggin two days. Elder Riggin and I on Friday had a great day and lived some great experiences. The first one was when we taught Hna Sandra. It had been about 2 weeks since the last time we taught her so we passed by her house and she let us in. We started talking about the Book of Mormon and she said that she had not been reading it so I taught the importance of reading and how the BOM teaches us what to do. Well after Elder Riggin taught about Baptism and how that is what the book teaches us. After, I invited her to be Baptized on the 27th of August and after 3 months of denying a date she finally accepted it!! It was great but when she accpeted I really was filled with the Spirit and it told me to tell her that she would find a job and that one day she will she her husband and son sealed to her in the Temple. It was a cool experience!


The other one was with Hna Alejandra and her two sons. She has two cute little boys who are not Baptized and that want to get Baptized. Hna Alejandra wants that too. The thing is, she is inactive and doesn't want to come back to Church because she has a sickness and can't be in a building with alot of people. Well Elder Riggin and I were teaching about the importance of coming to Church and having Faith. It was going really well but she didn't accept to come to Church with us this past week. Well her 9 year old son started to pray quietly during the lesson, so after a while I asked him if he had anything to say, and he told his mom that he prayed that everytime that she touched the BOM she would feel better and be healed. It was so sweet and she started to cry. Well she didn't touch the book so Elder Riggin told her to touch it and when she did the Spirit was so strong and she even said that she felt better. She accepted to come to church. It was a great experience!! What killed it though is that she didn't come on Sunday!! So tomorrow we are going to figure out what happened.

That was it for the week. We did have a zone conference Thursday with Elder de Hoyos from the 70 but he told us that we can't tell anyone, including our families, what happened during that conference. Lets just say that angeles litterally came down and ministered to us. It was a great experience and I am glad that I was there to live it.

I miss and love you all!! I got my Birthday package this week and thank you so much!! My favorite thing is the T-shirt and the pillow case :) Well until next week!!


Love,
Elder Brady Lester
post signature

No comments: