Monday, July 18, 2011

Mexico Week 25: Rain, Ward Mission Plan, Showering from a Bucket, Companion Lessons

Dear Family and other people who get this letter,


Well I officially have 8 months in the mission and wow has time passed so fast. I really feel like I am still a new Missionary and just left the MTC. Well this past week things were really interesting. For the past like 15 days it has rained which has been awesome! Thursday it was raining so so hard from like 3-9 in the afternoon and night! We got soaked!! My shoes are still wet hahaha!! My pants got covered in muddy water because some car drove by me fast and all the water in the street just drenched me hahaha! It was fun :) I love the rain!
Well in the past week we didn't get alot of lessons in. We have been working really hard on a mission plan for the ward. Tuesday evening after our meeting with our ward mission leader in the church, the Bishop called us into his office and said he had something really important for us to talk about. After he told us that he wanted us to make a mission plan for the ward because he wants us to work with the members more. I was so happy to hear that from him! So this past week we made a plan for the ward! It includes goals and plans to FIND, TEACH, and REACTIVATE. We really want to improve our numbers and feel also that we can have more success with the members working with us. I really am excited to put this plan into action.


Well also in the past week we got kicked out of the house on Thursday. The owner sold the house and said we needed to be out by today, Monday. So also last week we had to find a house really fast and there was only one that we found and its kinda gross hahaha. We moved in all of our stuff on Saturday when we found the house and cleaned out the other one, but since the toilet, sink, and shower don't work in the new house, we stayed in our other house for the past couple of nights on the floor so that we could have a place to shower and go to the bathroom. Well now we don't live there anymore and the owner of the new house is installing the new toilet, sink, and shower tomorrow and Wednesday, so I will be showering from a bucket for the next two days :) Hahahaha I am excited lol ;) In the next month when we have money we are going to buy some cheap paint to paint the place lol because the walls are ugly and gross.


Well this past Saturday Hermana Karla could not get Baptized because we still have some stuff to teach her, so it looks like this Saturday she will get Baptized :) We also have been working with a young lady, Hermana Ana, who really wants to get Baptized but wants to wait a bit. She is not religous and knows nothing about God and Jesus Christ so we had to start with the basics, but she wants to be religous and be closer to God, so she has accepted Baptism but with no date. She came to Church yesterday which was awesome!! So we are going to be helping her to get ready by the 30th of July so that she gets Baptized then :)


Well this past week Elder Rojas changed very little. He is still doing his normal things but President Reeves called us to see what he could do to help. I told President my feelings and he listened. He talked to my comp but I don't know what was said. I know we are together for this change still but I am going to be different in this change. I am going to be patient. I am going to pray for more guidance because maybe I am with him for another reason, and to help him out in another way besides just working. It's going to be hard but I feel like it's the right thing to do. One thing I will be hard on him though, and that is his money. I have taken so much out of the home account because he spends all of his money the day he gets it. He has nothing again for this month like last month and I am having to pay for things for him. I really need him to be smarter next month with his money because I have almost nothing and don't want to keep taking out tons of money from the house just to pay for him and me to live hahaha. I just need to be the example and be obedient.


Well I gotta go! I want reports next week on how you all have been sharing the gospel with your friends and everyone!! I love and miss you all! I can't wait for your next letters!


Love,
Elder Brady Lester


PS: Tell Eric Trott thank you for the email. It really helped me out and I will take his advice. I just don't have time to write him :(


Tell Sister McCarthur that she is awesome and that I love her so much!! I have had no time to write her but I am thankful for all of her support and know that the Lord is blessing her :) 

post signature

No comments: