Monday, April 25, 2011

Mexico Week 13: Baptism of Lorena, Learning, and Testimony in Spanish

Dear...Everyone who gets this letter, 

Well this week was a very bad week number wise. Pretty much all of our appointments fell through and we had little success working and teaching. I feel like maybe the Lord is teaching us something. I want to figure it out so I will be praying and reading alot this week. I also feel like my comp is slowly dying. He is starting to get a little lazy. When our appointments fall through, he doesn't want to contact and he always wants to go visit the same member family everyday. We had a talk about it but of course he would not listen. I also had some ideas to see if we could get the members more involved but he just contradicts everything that I say so I will be just sitting back on that stuff this week and just do my job teaching and testifying of the truth we have. I also will repent for my bad thoughts towards him hahaha. 

This week was fun with the bicycles though!! Instead of walking the 30 minutes to the church building we get there in 5 with our bicicletas :) My legs and bum hurt though hahahahaha. That is so awesome that Kasey fixed the bikes! Mom, just get your bike fixed and you guys can take family rides together Sundays or something :) That is cool about the triatholon that you had too! I remember the two that I did when I was a Teacher and they were a blast! But we did it as a campout. 

So this past week Pedro, the man who walks to church for an hour, Baptized his wife Hermana Lorena that we have been teaching for 3 months hahaha!! Finally she got Baptized!!! You will see the pictures that I am uploading right now :)
Elder Lester, Pedro, Lorena, Elder Lumbreras

Also in my pictures you will see me and Elder Johnson eating something redish called a pitalla from a cactus. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good, hahaha. It was like a mushy dirty watermelon with alot of seeds hahaha. 

Elder Lester and Elder Johnson

Well Braxley your fortune is coming true because this morning I sent off letters to all you kids hahaha. I laughed so hard when I read that story lol!! I wrote a letter to all you kids individually but in one envelope so it gets there at the same time hahaha. I am glad to hear you are all doing well! I cant believe how fast the time is going but I am dying to see you guys!! Btw you guys get to call me May 8th :) I will get you info of when and what time :) I cant wait for that day!! 

Well I have enjoyed my studies this week and I learned in Alma 37:33-37 the Keys to Becoming a Successful Missionary (I think the scripture is right if I remember it). It talks about how we must teach Repentance and Faith, always thinking and looking towards Christ and using His Atonement everyday in our lives. I will be looking to apply that in this wonderful work of the Lord and hope the Lord will bless me with success the next 18 months!! I am like a new sister missionary now, hahaha. 

Pues, yo testifico que la obra misional es verdadera. Yo testifico que Jesucristo es nuestro Redentor y Salvador. El es La Piedra de nuestras vidas y solemente obtengamos salvacion por medio de El y Su Expiacion. Como podemos saber lo que tenemos que hacer para volver a Su presencia, leer El Libro de Mormon. YO TESTIFICO que El Libro de Mormon contiene la plenitud y es verdadero. Nadie puede entrar en los cielos a menos que lea este libro y medite la significa este libro tiene en su vida. Yo hablo sin temor por que se que mi doctrina, la doctrina de Cristo, es verdad. 

I miss you all and love you more!! Can't wait to hear from you, and you are all in my prayers everyday! I hope you are receiving many blessings!! 

Love, 
Elder Brady Lester
post signature

No comments: