Friday, December 31, 2010

MTC Week 7: Christmas Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Hey everyone!!


It's been 6 weeks so far and I am on week 7!! Everything is going great! This week was probably my favorite so far, but let me start at Christmas. So for Christmas Eve we had this huge fireside with everyone and the MTC Presidency spoke. They talked about Christ's birth and His life. They also read out of Luke 2 for us which was cool. The best part was when we all sang 12 days of Christmas MTC style. It was hilarious!! :) That night we watched a movie...Mr. Kruger's Christmas and every Missionary got a bag of popcorn :) YUM!


The next day for Christmas we had a MTC talent show with some cool acts and songs. My two favorite were these Missionaries from Russia who sang a Lady Gaga song and rewrote the words to fit us Missionaries! It was hilarious! My other favorite was, this one Elder took one dollar bills and switched them into 20s!!! And then back again!! It was insane and the whole place went crazy!


After the talent show we had our big Christmas dinner!! I had turkey...I swear I have always had ham on Christmas until just now, haha. It was good though :) Probably better than next Christmas' meal lol :) After we had a Devotional and Elder Russell M. Nelson came!!! It was so cool. He talked about the Savior and His ministry and read from Luke 2 as well. An apostle of God read us the story of Christ's birth how cool!! That evening he joined us as the MTC was treated to an act of  "A Christmas Carol". It was amazing and way funny!


The next day after Christmas, on Sunday, we had a combined Priesthood meeting, and guess who came....Elder Nelson!!! Everyone was shocked! He talked about the literal meaning of our calling and what that means. He also talked about the Gathering of Israel. He gave us a ton of scriptures to read, but my favorite was in D&C 88:118-126 :) It applies really well to Missionaries and those who are preparing for Missions! He bore a Powerful Testimony of the Divinity of Missionary work and of the Savior. He then gave us a Blessing as Elders. So powerful!! He also talked about how we as Missionaries are like the Star at Christ's Birth...Leading and Showing the world to Him.


The great weekend led right into a great week! Elder Walker and I this week have been talking so much Spanish and are forcing ourselves to talk in Spanish only. So cool!! It really helps us. We are also teaching lessons 1 and 2 in Spanish now which is so amazing because we hardly know anything in Spanish, haha. It is coming, but it is still hard, but rewarding. We are working really hard though and continue to progress so much!!


This past Wednesday we had the opportunity to be the hosts of the new group of Missionaries. It was so fun!!! I got 3 Elders and 1 Sister. They are going to San Diego, 2 to Brazil, and the Sister to Poland!! Crazy!! It was snowing the whole time though so it was so wet and cold.


Today the Temple was closed so we had a little more down time which was nice :) When I put my laundry in to wash, I accidently bought some Elder more dryer time because I pushed the wrong button, haha. Also the washer that had my darks in it wouldn't open when it was done, so I was stuck waiting with Elder Walker until we could get it open.


This week Elder Walker and I really focused on how we can adjust our teaching to meet the needs of investigators. We also got a head start on outlining lesson 3 because you don't do that in the MTC. We also have been reading and studying on how to work with members and leaders in the Church to help us as Missionaries. I love working with him!


Well, 7th week and still no visa has come. I hope it comes soon because I really want to get to Mexico bad!!!


Anyways gotta go! Love ya and look forward to hearing from you :)


Next week I will send my camera card again so look for that! I also wrote Braxley too, so look out  Brax :)


Love,
Elder Brady Lester
post signature

No comments: