Friday, December 24, 2010

MTC Week 6: Love, Member Missionaries, and Joseph Smith

Hey!!


So it's been 5 1/2 weeks here at the MTC and everything is going great!! Thank you for all your letters and goodies. I did receive all your packages :) Anyways this week went by so fast!! It seems like each week just flys even faster! If I'm right I only have 23 days left until I should be in Mexico!! It's going to be here faster than I know it! I can't wait though!


So this week Elder Walker and I have been studying way way hard!! We have been teaching alot and continue to get better every time. We learn so much!! I really do love working with him and can't imagine working with anyone else for two years. We work really well together off our strengths and weakness's. This week we have worked on teaching members so we can help them be great missionaries. It is so important for members to find the people. Us Missionaries are called to teach and baptize... that's it really. Missionary work is a church wide thing that everyone helps with. I encourage each of you to help the Missionaries teach a friend that you can refer to them :)  It's a great time because it's Christmas :)


On our Tuesday devotional we had a member of the seventy come. Elder Shayne M. Bowen. He talked about the decisions right now in our lives and what we need to decide right now as a Missionary. Like decide right now to love everyone. He also talked about the birth of the Savior and testified of Him. It was beautiful :)


The fireside we had on Sunday was very unique. An institute teacher came and acted out a man who knew Joseph Smith, and was there when he was killed. It was way way cool. In our District Meeting we also talked about Joseph Smith, and each Elder in our district taught something about him. It was cool as the DL as I prayed about the meeting over the week trying to find out what should we teach about. I felt that it was important that each Elder should have the chance to teach and bear testimony of his life. It was special and the spirit was so strong. You could sense that Joseph was in the room with us - it was amazing :) I love our district :)


Tonight we have a special devotional!! I think Elder Russell M. Nelson might be coming but I am not sure. That is just the word on the street, haha. I hope he does!! Tomorrow we have a long but eventful day here!! Everyone is hoping the prophet is going to come :)

So Elder Alston did leave on this past Tuesday, so he is enjoying Christmas in Portugal right now :) Lucky dog!!


Well, I am almost out of time so I will wrap things up!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!


Amor (Love)
Elder Brady Lester :)
post signature

No comments: