Friday, December 17, 2010

MTC Week 5: Growth

Hey everyone!!


One month in the MTC!!! It has gone by so fast! I can't believe it. Somedays feel like I have been here forever and others like I got here yesterday. Probably because we are learning so much so fast! Anyways thank you everyone for your letters this week! Getting letters is like Christmas :)


This week was really good! Elder Walker and I are getting along great and are working hard. The best part is we feel like we can work harder so we are going to be stepping it up here soon. This week Elder Walker and I have been outlining our lesson plans for lesson 1 in Spanish!! We have been teaching in Spanish this week it's crazy!! I feel like I go into a lesson so nervous then I walk out thinking "what did I just say?!" It's amazing how fast you learn by the spirit here at the MTC.  It's here all the time that it's hard to know that it is here. But the peace, happiness, and joy we feel is because of the spirit. Monday we will be teaching lesson 1 in Spanish to an investigator which will be way cool! I hope I can only learn faster and hope the spirit will remain with me so I can learn lots before I get to Mexico! Speaking of Mexico I can't wait to go! As much as I love this place I want to go teach real people and have amazing experiences. I want to put my hard work in the mission!


This week Elder Paletta went home because he needed sugery on his hand, but he will be back tomorrow we hope. He is still set apart. Elder Clarke, my best missionary in the district, almost went home for certain issues. Both him and I prayed and prayed and prayed and even fasted for him to stay. His heart is really in the right spot and he wants to be here so bad!!! When I interviewed him and was informed of his situation, I broke down and couldn't take it anymore. As district leader I have had so many challenges with Elders it surprises me! The work crew boys at Cumorah are 100 times more focused and dedicated and it makes me feel out of place. I feel sometimes people hate me because I follow all the rules and encourage them to do as well. Anyways thats the hard part about being district leader. It's frustrating to see these things and some don't care whatsoever. I have an Elder in my room who is the most disrespectful person I have ever met. He is even in the army!! He just doesn't care about anything but himself. President Lloyd, my Branch President, has even said that this Elder doesn't know his purpose yet. It is sad. In the end, Elder Clarke was found worthy to stay and I leaped for joy!


The great thing about being a leader is the opportunity to see everyone grow! Because of the responsibilities I have I get to see each elder grow. The Elder who I believe who has grown the most is Elder Walker my companion. He came from a rough background of drugs, music, and girls, but he knows why he is here and he has taught me a ton!! I am so happy for him. Although he gets upset for no reason sometimes, he still works hard and wants to do his best. He is going to be a great missionary!! :)  I probably get released on Sunday as DL though since it's been 4-5 weeks. I really want to because it is way hard. I have heard rumors that I won't because our district is so fragile and I keep them together real well...but we will see.


So about my schedule...it is different everyday. My teachers come at different times through out the day everyday but Sunday. It all depends on their school schedule at BYU. When we don't have teachers we have what is called MDT time. Which is missionary directed time. This is where we have time for our personal, companion, and language studies. It's really a great time to learn! Everyday except for P-day and Sunday we have gym. They are at different times though so it's kinda hard to lay out my schedule. I can send my planner in the mail though for you to see maybe when I have filled it up. And yes, we do have LGMs every Tuesday at 11:40 (large group meetings).


Our teachers, Hermano Cleek and Hermana Truman, get new school schedules next semester which means they won't be our teachers come January. Our whole district loves them and we are going to miss them a ton!!


A little bit about my district. It is a district of 12 which happens to be the biggest district here. Four of us, me, Elders Walker, Hammond, and Cummock are going to Puebla Mexico. They are the crazy ones and don't really obey the rules much and it's hard because I am in their room. I always have to keep an eye on them. Elders Christoffersen (my best friend here), Paletta, Nielson, and Justesen are going to Santa Cruz Bolivia. They are all awesome and I love Elder Christoffersen. He lives in Herriman Utah and we plan to write each other after the MTC :) Elders Framton and Sheffield are going to Tempe Arizona. Elders Bell and Clarke are going to Spokan Washington. All Spanish speaking of course! There is also an Elder in my zone who just got here and he is going to Mesa Spanish speaking. Elder Santos is his name.


Anyways my time is almost up! I love you all and miss you all and can't wait to hear from you this week! Keep the letters coming!!
post signature

No comments: