Sunday, September 2, 2012
Mexico Week 84: New Area, New Assignment, New Life
Hey
Everybody!!
Well
this week has been a very interesting week. I am writing you all today because
tomorrow we will not have time to even wash our clothes hahaha. As most of you
know I am the new AP which is an Honor. I still don't know what are
all my duties and stuff like that but I will be learning. I am actually in
Puebla right now and am in the offices with the assistants and my
companion. We are receiving some training from them and we are working on the
transfers for the Mission. It’s a lot of work and we are trying to get a lot
done. In the afternoon we will be going with President Christensen to our old
area to have a training meeting with the Stake Presidency, Bishops, Ward
Mission Leaders, and Missionaries. It’s going to be interesting going to all of
these types of meetings with the President and his wife. When we get back we
are going to have to go "Elder hunting" because there is an Elder who
is doing some bad stuff with girls....I am so not ready for that hahahaha.
Tomorrow
we will be receiving the new Missionaries who come from Mexico in the morning
and I am going to be able to see President Reeves which will be weird hahaha.
We have training meetings all day tomorrow with them. Tomorrow night we will be
going to the airport to pick up the Americans that are coming and we will have
to drop them off at the Mission home. On Tuesday we will be in training
meetings with them all day as well, and then in the afternoon we will have the
transfer meeting hahaha.
Things
are beginning to look interesting and it’s going to be a different experience
being an AP. Hahaha, only three missionaries here have ever had all the Mission assignments - Elder
Gonzalez, Elder Bencomo, and me. I refer to Junior comp, Senior comp, Trainer,
District Leader, Zone Leader, AP, and Branch President hahaha...and those two
other Elders are legends so I have big shoes to fill hahahaha. The good thing
about being an AP is I will get to know all the Missionaries and the whole Mission,
travel a lot, learn a lot more from the President, and get my packages on time
if anybody sends me some. hahaha! :)
As
of this week in our area...well there was not a lot to do. I had to go to the
hospital for my knee but it’s getting better and now I can start working and stop
resting my knee. The good thing is that I won’t have to have surgery or
anything, but I am taking some medicine which is helping out. I will have to
take it light on the soccer and basketball :(
Last
night we had a huge ward activity and a ton of people came. It was a BBQ that
we planned, my comp and I with the Ward Mission Leader, Luis Medel, and the Ward
Missionaries. We planned to have a BBQ and an open house. We planned on having
about 100 with 20 invites but it was a bigger success. We had almost 200 people
and 80 invites and we had a great time. The food ran out so fast but everybody
was asking me recipes for the shredded beef and BBQ sauce that I made
:) It was delicious. We put in some spice into the sauce because it’s Mexico.
We had mashed potatoes and corn on the cob with baked bread and butter. We did
it just like in the USA. A lot of the invites wanted to listen to the
Missionaries, so the new Missionaries who are going to be in Totolac Ward –
Tlaxcala, are going to have a lot of work. I am going to miss that ward. It was
my favorite area for sure in the Mission and I really hope to go back and
visit. Hahaha, I hope to start my English school with Luis Medel
actually...maybe it will work out.
Well
I don't have much more time to write...and I am sure my letters will
be shorter some weeks than others because my P-days are going to be
much different. If you can try to write me early Sunday or in the afternoon
because I might have to write on some Sundays like today. I love you all and
hope that you all have a great week! I want to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to
Brinkley! Love ya tons Sis!
Con Amor,
Elder Lester
Labels:
AP,
Hurt Knee,
Leadership Training,
Mission Office,
Mission President,
Pday,
Tlaxcala,
Transfers,
Travel,
Ward Activity,
Zone Leader
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment