Monday, July 2, 2012
Mexico Week 75: July, Peña Nieto, President Christensen
Hey there family!
Well
things have been very delightful in the Mission. I notice how old I am now
because it hurts just to walk uphill everyday to our house. I am not excited to
be 21, hahaha. As you all know Peña Nieto will be the new president of Mexico
in January. Hahaha, I am happy that he won, I would have voted for him. I
helped out some when I was in Chignahuapan, hahaha so good thing that it was
worth it.
Today
I am in Puebla, the center. The sweet thing about being a Zone Leader is I get
to go anywhere I want in the whole mission, hahahahahaha. My comp and I have
just been visiting some places and looking at some things. I am looking at
gifts that I would like to buy for the family as well just before I go home. We
also ate burritos today :) They were delicious, just like home hahaha. It’s been a great P-day so far.
There
was also a march going on with all the people who didn’t want Peña to win but
hahaha he won so it doesn’t matter. Peña will fight against all the drug lords
except for one, Chappo, who is the famous one. He is the number 1 on the wanted
list in Mexico and the US but they won’t do anything to him unless he goes to
the US or Mexico. He lives in Europe I think. Peña won’t fight him, but the
good thing is that he will kill all the other ones. Things have been
interesting though, hahaha.
Well
I don’t know that family Mom, but I will keep my eye out for them. Hahaha, were
they visiting over there in Arizona? That’s
sweet!
Ouch!
I am sorry for Brink. I guess I was
lucky when they took mine out. Braces, that will be nice :) Well Kolby, that is
going to be great that now you are going to high school! You are getting big
hahaha. Hahaha, sounds like the family
reunion of Maggie was fun with lots of food! I need to try your pozole dad and see
how good it really is or if you just talk it up. Hahahaha, well it will be the
4th of July in 2 days. I think I will celebrate by teaching 3 lessons with a
member and 2 others, and buy a nice cold Coke after, hahahahaha.
Well
we have been working real hard. I love
Elder Nuncio. He is so awesome! He is really a good friend. We have been
working hard and now we are seeing blessings. We are happy because we are going
to have at least 3 Baptisms this month and hopefully 2 more, but if not, the
other 2 will be in August. We have been working really hard with Elvia, Andres,
and Andres, hahaha. They are great investigators and they are ready for Baptism.
Andres who is an adult, has been waiting for 10 years to be Baptized! Andres is
a 13 year old boy and has been waiting for over a year to be Baptized, and Elvia
has been listening to the Missionaries for 7 months, hahahahahaha. We are trying
to harvest the seeds that have been planted! The field is white for sure! :)
Well
as you all know Peña Nieto is not the only new president in Mexico. There is another
who has been called by a Prophet and not the people. We had a great Zone Conference
Saturday with him in Puebla. President
Christensen is from Utah and talks way good in Spanish!! His wife talks pretty
good. She is learning real quick like
Sister Reeves. In the conference we
learned alot from the President about Charity and Obedience. He totally taught
us a life lesson about obedience. Usually they say to us in the Mission that we
need to be obedient because we are Servants of the Lord. That is true but he
also taught us that we need to have a goal first. For example, Return with
Honor. That would be the goal, and to achieve it, we need to be obedient. So I
learned that we should place goals first and not be obedient just to be obedient.
Pretty sweet haha.
This
week on Friday my comp and I will be coming again to Puebla for the Zone Leader
Conference so I will let you all know how that goes. I am excited. Things are
going to be great with him and I am excited to have about 5 months to work with
him. It’s going to be a blessing.
Well
that’s about it for now. I just want to let you know that I will not be able to
send pics home. I am getting very inpatient with Picasa which does not work
very well for me. If there is something else we can do, awesome, but I will
keep all my pics on the camera for now. I hope that you all have a great week.
I love you all and pray for you each day. Love ya!!
Love,
Elder Brady
Lester
Labels:
Baptisms,
Blessings,
Mexico,
Mission President,
Tlaxcala,
Travel,
Zone Conference,
Zone Leader
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment