Monday, October 31, 2011

Mexico Week 40: Reading the Book of Mormon

Happy Halloween!!

Well just so that you all know, yes Mexico celebrates Halloween hahaha, but instead of asking for candy they ask for money hahaha, so the people give little money and sometimes candy. The funny thing is that they do it with their parents hahaha!! Every little kid that asks me for money, I just tell them that in my country they ask for candy, you should do the same hahaha. It's probably mean but I really don't have millions to give out to the little kids hahaha. They hardly dress up! But it's a holiday here. I hope you all have a great Halloween this night!! Baseball here by the way is a popular sport so I heard that the Cardinals did win and I am happy that they did. I just want the Dbacks to go all the way again!

Thank you for all your emails! I enjoy reading everyone of them :) I am glad that you all had decent and good weeks!! Remember that you are all in my prayers and thoughts. In about 1 year we will all see each other again hahaha, how crazy is that!! Really my mission has been passing by so fast and I feel like this last year will just pass by faster! I am really loving it here and I really love the people here. They are really nice and the members are always willing to help anyone. I really love them here. They have given me clothes, money, blankets to keep warm, and food.

Well in this past week Elder Escamilla and I have been working hard. We found a sweet family of 4 who let us in their house to talk. Well we started talking about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and they all loved it. There is a little boy of 10 years who in the lesson said "Mom we need to get Baptized again because the Catholic church doesn't have the Priesthood." Hahahahaha how cool is that!! That first lesson we all invited them to be Baptized and they accepted! This week this sweet boy has been reading the pamphlets and the Book of Mormon and is pushing his family to listen and read and progress. He really is a great example! This past week we have also found a couple more new investigators who have accepted Baptism and look like they are going to progress.

This past two weeks we have invited our recent converts to join us in reading the Book of Mormon before Christmas. In our visits this week they have all read a ton!! Hno Fidel and his son are in Alma 28 and read 20 chapters one day!!! Hna Cony and her family are in 3 Nephi after 2 weeks!!! They are beating us!! I asked Hna Cony "are you sure that you are not in 2 Nephi" she told me no but that she is reading in 3 Nephi. Well I asked her "so you read all of Alma?" and she responed "ohhh Alma is the best book so far in the Book of Mormon!" hahahaha!! I could not believe it! They are just strong and faithful members!! This past week we also have been working really hard reactivating members in the ward so that we can achieve our goal in splitting the ward soon. Well yesterday in Sacrament meeting there were members standing outside the room because there weren't any seats!! It was awesome!! Hahahaha the Bishop really feels that we can split the ward if we keep working hard and Baptizing.

Things are going great here in Castillotla and I am really loving Missionary work! I don't have much more to say. I have not tried anything new food wise. I have alot of pictures to send but I forgot my camera again so next week I will get them on :) I love you all and hope you have a great week everyone!! Stay safe!

Love,
Elder Brady Lester
post signature

No comments: