Well thank you again for all your letters! I really enjoy reading them all! Sounds like you are all making bank hahaha kids!! Make sure you are paying your tithing and the Lord will bless you with the wisdom of spending and saving your money wisely. I am glad you boys had fun on the campout, and Kolby thank you for sharing your thoughts on prayer. What you learned is exactly what we must do as we pray. We must ask what the Lord wants and not what we want. Wanna know how to do it? Something that I learned here personally on the mission is the importance of listening to the Spirit AS we pray. He will tell us what we must say and ask for. If we do that we can receive instant revelation and we will really feel that the Lord is answering our prayers. I invite all of you to do that as you pray. I promise it is hard the first couple times, but it's hard to listen to the Spirit in this world. Brinkley, thank you for sharing a part of Garrett´s talk. What he said is so true. It's something that I am slowly learning here in the mission...the importance to talk to everyone!! We will see blessings as we do it, and we will be able to bless others as well.
Well this week was a difficult week of work. Elder Escamilla and I were working really hard and we didn't have much success. We would pass by investigators homes and nobody would be there. We would then go and try to visit less active members and nobody! We taught hardly anybody this week. We have now a total of 5 Baptisms who are wanting to get Baptized but they need to get married. Stinkin Mexico hahahaha! We are just waiting until they can get married. We are trying to help with everything that we can but it is hard here because a Bishop can't marry someone here like in the US. They have to be married by the government even if they get sealed in the Temple.
This week we did have success with two new investigators that we found. Hna Alicia and Hna Monica. They are sweet ladies and accepted us into their home and they started talking really openly. Hna Alicia started talking about 2 paths in this life, good and bad. Well I took that as a way to start a lesson. I opened up the Book of Mormon to 3 Nephi 27:33 and we started to talk about Baptism. It was a great lesson. They really understood the importance of it and they both accepted Baptism. Now they have a problem with attending Church on Sunday because they sell stuff in the street and their best day of work is Sunday, so this week we are going to talk about that, commit them to go to Church every Sunday, and get a Baptism date going :) I am really excited!! They are just great loving ladies!
This week we also stared teaching alot to a lady named Hna Gina who talked to us in the street one day and said that she wanted to come to our Church. Well we invited her to Church, she came and we got a lesson with her. She is a member of the Hindu religion which is very weird and rare here. She has a ton of tatoos and earings but she loves to talk about the Bible. When we teach she takes notes!! Its awesome! As we teach she asks alot of questions which is great. The other lesson that we had just two days ago she told us that when she was like 4 or 5 she listened to the Missionaries because her dad let them in the house, but he rejected them after awhile. She said that when I was talking and bearing my testimony the first time, she said it reminded her of when she was a little girl and the things that she felt when the Missionaries were in her house. I thought that was sweet and it strengthened my testimony that the Lord really prepares people for us. That day she accepted Baptism but she needs to get married, so her Baptism date for her and her son Diego is the 12th of November. I really hope she gets married because I might be leaving this area on the 14th of November. Elder Escamilla and I are together for 2 changes/3 months. She is a sweet lady :)
Nothing else much happened this week. Yesterday Elder Escamilla Elder Lamb and Lopez and I went and ate with a lady in our ward who lives forever away and she gave us rabbit again. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! I really like rabbit meat. I also ate another bag of the crickets that they sell here. I love them...especially with salsa and lime :) This week we also reactivated another inactive member! I also lost another tie to my Bishop playing chess and losing hahaha. He loves ties and chess and so I have played him three times and lost 2 ties and won 1 hahah! I think I am going to stop playing him now lol. He also bought us tacos :) And he bought us some drink food thing called Esquite. What it is, is a soup with just corn and melted butter in a cup with mayonase chili powder and cheese. It's really good I loved it!!
Well this upcoming week is General Conference! If you have not had they chance yet to read President Uchtdorf´s talk in the Ensign for the month of September, READ IT!! It's awesome and it will help you prepare for conference because like he says "its no ordinary blessing." I love you all and hope that all your prayers will be answered this weekend as we listen to a Prophets voice. I just want to bear my testimony that I know President Monson is a Prophet of God. He knows us and loves us just like our Father in Heaven. May we seek his word always. I love you all! Until next week!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment