Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Life Lessons
Hi Elder Lester,
I have been thinking about what you are going through with these companions that are lazy, doing things their way, etc… And I am very quick to just tell you to tell them that you are there to work, etc… I say that because I know that’s what will bring the most happiness and success to you all. But what I’ve realized is that you will be dealing with this throughout your mission. You will always be with someone that won’t be the same as you. And it’s learning how to work as a team. What you are dealing with are LIFE LESSONS.
These experiences will help you throughout your life when you are at a job and you are working with someone else and they aren’t doing their part of the job. Or you are the boss and you have an employee who isn’t doing something the way you think they should. This will help with your future wife and children too. What I wish I would have taken the time to tell you in the email is that the key is to figure out how to motivate that person, companions, etc., and learning what you can do to help. By talking and having a discussion on what is it that you guys can do to accomplish this or that. Talking it out and figuring out a way to make it work and what you can do to help. I know as a Missionary you have to plan out your days and have goals, so this goes right along with this. Also I know that following the rules will keep you safe, so coming home on time at night is crucial.
So after thinking about it, I didn’t want it to sound like I just wanted you to tell your companion that this is the way it’s going to be, and you weren’t going to allow what happened with his last companion, and not getting any work done to happen again, etc. But I know you have the skills, and are learning more skills everyday, to learn how to work as a team, and how to be a happy and successful Missionary, and these Life Lessons will bless you throughout your life. I know you have shared in your letters ways you have made things better with Elder Lumbreras, and answers you have received from your studying, and the inspiration you have received. This will continue to happen to you as you seek ways to learn how to be successful with each companion you have, and your new companion Elder Rojas. You will be blessed, and you will bless your companions life, and the lives of the people you are serving.
You are gaining so much experience in such a condensed amount of time. I remember when I went on my mission and I was at the MTC, I heard that the mission experience is like 40 years of college education. You are blessed for this opportunity to learn how to work with these companions and they certainly are blessed to learn from you, know you, and have you touch their life forever. You know how much you learned in the MTC with Elder Walker, and even at the Hill Cumorah. These experiences are invaluable. You are doing such an outstanding job. I am so proud of you and have loved learning from you. Thank you for that.
I love you,
MOM
Labels:
Companion Trials,
Letter to Brady,
Life Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment