Well this week was another hard week in Huacaltzingo. But before I get to that let me answer questions. YES, MOM I MISS YOU!! Hahaha and Kasey I am glad you did your homework in PMG :) Grandma haha Little Ceasers is like 8 dollars here so just a tad bit more expensive. For KFC I spent like 10 dollars and got a drink, shake, chicken sandwich, fries, mashed potatoes, and a chicken breast so it was a ton of food!! That's awesome that you kids had fun with dad and that is sweet a Seventy came on Sunday. This Wednesday a Seventy is coming and the whole mission is going to listen! All 150 of us!!! I am excited. For that we are staying the night tonight and tomorrow night in Puebla with our district leader. I am glad to have a little break from my area haha.
Well this week was a little depressing. We have been working so so hard and have not been seeing a success. I think total this week we taught 8 lessons and worked our tails off. The work has been really bad. We have done everything possible alone and nothing has worked. So this past Wednesday evening we had a meeting with some of the leaders of the branch to make a mission plan for the branch so we can work closer with the members. Well it was almost 2 hours listening to their excuses about how the work here is difficult and really don't know why we are there. My companion and I felt dead afterwards and really didn't want to work anymore, but we did haha and again no success. Sunday we had another meeting with ALL the leaders for an hour and nothing got done, so today I wrote President Rex in my letter that the members really don't want to help us and that it has been like that for all the time I have been here. In two weeks we have changes so we will see what happens.
This past Saturday evening was fun though!! We had a family night thing with two families in our branch with an investigator who is so close to Baptism. She's just is a little scared because she really doesn't have many friends in the church, or so she thought hahaha. Well we watched the movie the Restoration and after we all made hamburgers!!! Well I made and cooked the meat of course being American and all, and they all said that they were the best hamburgers they have ever eaten :) So dad and mom, gotta give me props for that :) It was fun and it really helped this investigator feel better at church. Her name is Trinidad.
Well this week we will be focusing on our investigators Trinidad, Alan, and Fernanda because we feel that if they accept, they are really ready fo Baptism 28th and 29th of this month! We have changes the 30th so I hope we get these three before changes, but it all depends on this week!!
Well anything else you want to know?? I am loving the work even though it is hard. Oh btw, I heard a story that about 4-5 years ago an Apostle sent almost ALL the missionaries home from this mission because they were starting like secret combinations and stuff with secrets codes and rings and stuff that I can't believe. So the mission has been recuperating since then. Scary and just crazy!!! Well tell Jacob to write me!! I hope all is good with him and that he gets back out because if only Jacob P and I return it will be sad.

No comments:
Post a Comment