Monday, April 11, 2011

Mexico Week 11: Baptims Scheduled and Elder Bunnies!

Hey there!!

So this upcoming week we are going to BAPTIZE!!!!!! Hermano Omar has his service this Sunday the 17th!! He is so ready and so willing to change. It's been way cool teaching him. Friday he has his interview and we will find out who will Baptize him. This week we also believe Hermana Lorena will finally get Baptized same day because now her husband Pedro is worthy to Baptize her so, we are going to check on Wednesday what she will decide :) I am way excited that we are going to Baptize in this change.

We have also been teaching a couple families who all want to get Baptized and so next change we will probably have 6-8 more Baptisms!! Who knows if I will stay. I want to and don't want to, but I will serve wherever the Lord needs me. By the way, it's raining right now, hahaha, just thought I would tell you that since I love the rain. Apparently the rainy season here is really crazy! It can rain 4 days straight without stopping and it starts in May hahaha!!!

So this past week at the party for our village was fun. We couldn't contact anyone because it was a Catholic party and they have rights I guess, but we went and I bought a little homemade bag thing to put my coins in so they don't fall out of my pocket.


I also bought a leather Aztec Mexico wallet which is really cool!! Only 70 pesos which is like 7 bucks, hahaha.

My companion and I each bought an airsoft gun for 25 pesos which is like 2 bucks. We have those for the investigators who don't accept Baptism...hahahaha just kidding. We also ate alot of pizza, really cheap pizza, at the party hahaha.

Also some members who are kinda like the missionaries family here in our area, won two little bunny rabbits like we have! One has light brown and white hair and they named it Elder Lester,  and the other has black and white hair and named it Elder Lumbreras, hahahha. They are so cute and remind me of Daisy. I sure do miss her tons!!
 So this past week my companion and I have really gotten along. We have like no problems at all. We have learned how to work together and the work is just more fun when you like your companion. He is a great missionary. I might be leaving this area though so we will see what happens this Sunday.

No really cool stories from this past week. We have been knocking doors, teaching lessons, and finally are going to Baptize. Oh wait I do have a story, hahahaha. So this morning we went to Puebla with Hermano Omar and his friend to play soccer with our zone. Well we were all waiting at Burger King, yes there is a Burger King here thank the Lord, and Elder Johnson, who I love dearly, not queerly, bought some Burger King. Well the lady put a tray of food on the counter and we thought it was ours because it looked like what we ordered. So we started eating the fries and then this lady came up and asked if it was hers and the lady behind the counter said yes....we were eating her fries!! We felt so bad while eating our food. After we finished we thought we should have given her our fries but it wasn't in our mind at the time. It was so so funny and way embarrassing, hahaha.

Food I ate this week:
Tacos Arabes
Pizza
Hamburgers (no we didn't grill)
Rice and beans
More Pizza
Cemitas
Chicken in salsa like 3 times
Tortillas (which I am going to learn how to make tomorrow!!)
And more pizza
Tamales (home made)

I love the food here. Well most of it, hahaha, some I don't, but I really haven't had anything I hate. Something I love besides tacos arabes are the tamales. Here guys just ride around on bikes with big pots of tamales. There are two that I have tried and love. One is called Horocho which is chicken and red salsa and it is wrapped in a banana leaf instead of corn. The other is Rajas which is just hot peppers. They are sooooo good! I love getting them with a torta which is really good home made bread so it's kinda like a sandwich haha. Only 10 pesos which is like 1 buck :) It's really good for breakfast :)

Well I have no time and have to go!! I love you all and can't wait to hear from you again! Have fun this week with everything!! I will be writing you individually soon :)

Love,
Elder Lester

P.S. For Mother's Day I think you guys call me.Yes, I did feel the earthquake, hahaha it was fun. It happened right when I was getting out of bed and I was like what is going on!!

I have a really funny story to tell you but don't have time today. Remind me in your email next week! Love you all!!

post signature

No comments: