Friday, December 10, 2010

MTC Week 4: Love and Humility

Hey there!!


It's my third week here in the MTC and things are going great!! Thank you for the goodies and treats :)  And Grandma, if I find anyone who knows French I will let you know. Thank you each for all your letters. Kolby though, you gotta write me man!!! Only two lines each letter?? I'm glad everyone is having fun and loving the holidays so far :) Just want to let you know that I am sending a letter to Kasey today and inside it are some pictures which are Elder Walker and I's Christmas card :)  If you could hand some out to friends that would be awesome! There aren't alot but some :)


Anyways, this week has been a hard but rewarding week. On Monday Elder Justesen had all his appointments all day and Elder Walker and I stayed with him and drove all around Provo...which was weird...and we wanted to show him how much we loved him and cared for him. I explained more in the letter to Kasey, so when you get that you can read everything that happened. In the end he decided to STAY!!!!!! Elder Walker and I literally were crying for joy :)  This week has also been hard on Elder Walker and I. We haven't gotten along to well but we just had a nice talk and we are looking forward to stepping it up and getting to work and loving each other! :)  We also just got back from the Temple today where we did an endowment session. It was beautiful :)  I love going to the Temple and am going to miss it when I get to Mexico.


So things that I need to answer are in that letter I sent Kasey so you can read that :) But yes, I can pop popcorn here if you sent some...the floor has a microwave :)  But anyways, this week has been good. I have learned how to conjugate verbs in all the tenses and I am continuing to learn words. I have also memorized D&C 4 in Spanish and am working on the First Vision in Spanish :)  It's hard but it's coming along. I've learned alot in the scriptures this week as Elder Walker and I read from the BOM in spanish everyday. It's really helping us out!! In my personal study I read different things in the scriptures in English and one of my favorites this week was D&C 84:88 :)


In about a week and a half we will start teaching in Spanish...which is going to be way hard and insane but I am looking forward to it. I know that the Lord is really helping us here at the MTC. This work really is much bigger than us and we can't do it by ourselves. I have faith that if we roll up our socks and get to work that the Lord will help us and strengthen our faith. One of the most amazing things here at the MTC is the Spirit of Love. Amazingly, this love helps us do everything!! We have to love the Lord, the work, our companion, as a leader- love the district, and most importantly we have to love our investigators. Love is how we fulfill our purpose, to invite others to come unto Christ (Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo). I have learned alot about charity and love while being here and it has helped me out a ton.


Something I need to work on this week is humility. I feel like I know a ton about the gospel and about principles and I find myself teaching just a lesson not a person. I need to work on using the spirit to help me teach simply and share my feelings about how I know things are true. I need to use the Doctrine of Conversion (study that this week if you want, Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel). The best way I need to do this is to be humble and also learn from others.


In the past 3 weeks I have really seen myself grow, but my greatest treasure is to see each and everyone in my district grow. That is why I love being a DL. I love seeing how everyone grows in unity, love, and spirit. It's amazing!! I really do love each one of them. I can't wait to hear from them in the field. As much as I want to be in Mexico now, it's going to be hard to leave these wonderful Elders.


So anyways tell me more about home?! How's Ryan...I hope he is ok. Give him my best and let him know I am praying for him and want to see him back out here :)  Did you get my sd-card? I love all your letters and can't wait to get more. I save all of them in my desk drawer :) Tell Jacob Handy to write me!! Hahaha. Anyways love you all!! :)


Amor (love),
Elder Brady Lester
   
P.S. I love you Mom :) You are the best!
post signature

No comments: