First off I just wanted to say thank you for all the letters, treats, and prayers! I love you all :) Second, if possible if you could use just Dear Elder and not email me back because I only have 30 minutes to read and type and I know mom likes to type alot ;) So unless it's short and sweet, please use Dear Elder so I can use my time telling you everything.
Well the week has been great! Elder Walker and I have been working hard hard hard!! We have been trying as much as we can teaching the first lesson to investigators, teachers, and other missionaries here at the MTC. It's amazing to see how much we learn and grow by just teaching. It's also amazing to see how much we learn in one day here during study times. We have also tried contacting people in Spanish and testifying to them in Spanish as well. It's way fun.
Today I just got back from a session at the Provo Temple. The spirit was great there as my district was all in the same session together. I couldn't help but cry when they prayed for us missionaries, and also when I stood in the Celestial Room watching each member of my district walk in. It was amazing and I can't wait to go next week.
Yesterday, Thanksgiving, was AWESOME!!!! The food in not as good as Mom's Thanksgiving meal but it was good. During the day we had service projects going on. The whole MTC made over 33,000 kits and backpacks for kids around the world who don't have anything of their own. In the morning, Elder Holland and his family came to the MTC and spoke at the devotional. It was so amazing. I learned a ton! Sister Holland spoke of Luke 12:8 which I'll leave you to read :) Then the Holland grandchildren sang a beautiful primary song. Then Elder Holland gave an amazing sermon! I've never heard a more powerful testimony from an Apostle before. He spoke of how if there was a symbol for our church, it would be two elders and two sisters. He also gave an account of the Savior's ministry and the Atonement. He said that the only reason we should think we are on missions is that so the Savior doesn't have to do it alone like He did on the cross and in the garden. It is our duty as Elders to confess His name to the world. He also spake of giving to the poor and how it's our obligation as man to give to the needy. He also yelled at us and said that we must not turn down using the opportunity in our lives to use the Atonement. If so he declared, "good luck to you and to me in our mission who crucify Christ afresh!!" The devotional was amazing and I can't wait till the next one :)
Anyways, yes, the Elders in my room are going to my same mission and report the same day as me. I am not allowed to wear braclets or chew gum so don't send me any of that. I will have to give that to all the children in Mexico says my Branch President :) This week I taught the district on the power of our calling. I will later teach them on the doctrine of conversion. I also have been preparing a talk in Spanish on the Atonement for this Sunday. Each Sunday they randomly select an Elder to give a talk in Spanish haha. Scary!
My schedule is similar and yet different everyday. I will have to explain this to you in my next email.
I love you all and can't wait to hear from you!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment